We reserve the right to change this policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page.
What User Data We Collect
When you visit the website, we may collect the following data:
- Your login ID.
- Your session information regarding your online behavior on our website.
Why We Collect Your Data
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To ensure only authorized personnel can access BMW resources.
- To improve the user experience and security for our products and services.
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
Note: The information received is not archived but temporarily stored to assist users who are having trouble logging in or accessing services and/or resources.
Safeguarding and Securing the Data
The Strong Authentication group is committed to securing your data and keeping it confidential, and to prevent data theft, unauthorized access, and disclosure by implementing the latest technologies and software, which help us safeguard all the information we collect online.
Links to Other Websites
Reducing the Risks of unwanted Collection of your Personal Data
It is our goal is to ensure your information remains private. One way we achieve this is by requiring you to provide only the minimal amount of information needed for access. We also do not archive or store your data for long periods of time. You can further protect your information by doing the following:
- When you are filling the forms on the website, make sure to ensure you are using the correct logon credentials.
- Be aware of "Shoulder Surfing": Shoulder Surfing is a visual hack where an attacker gains access to sensitive information by observing a user's screen, keystrokes and other habits when logging on to a system. To help prevent such attacks, we recommend the following:
- Tilt your screen away from the person next to you.
- Use a privacy screen on your computing devices.
- Create a physical barrier between your screen and prying eyes.
- Be aware when working in crowded areas such as airplanes, trains, airports, cafes, hotel lobbies and other public spaces.
- Work with your back to a wall preventing others from getting behind you and looking over your shoulder.